Thursday, July 17, 2008

Life is happening to me...

Things have been pretty crazy around here lately.

Since my new job is in another county, I've been driving 3-4 hours on a daily basis- while I love to drive, sitting in traffic isn't the most fun thing in the world. Traffic is heaviest in the evening, and I usually spend the time on my hands free, putting through the daily phone calls to my family. I also seem to get really good recipe ideas when I drive (Hunan drunken chicken, Chicken-mushroom-jalapeno burger, Saffron yogurt....all turned out well, just haven't had time to post).

We are moving in 1 month's time, and while I am already in love with my new home, the monthly payments are horrifying! It pretty much means no movie-watching, shoe shopping, booze or road-trips for the next 2 years, which is a fearful idea, but what would you do....

Also working on my CPA- seriously this time. I have been so busy with work in the past few years that I haven't had time to study, but it's time to bite the bullet and get it done, and I am resolved to do this this year, before '09 happens.

Going to Palm Springs this weekend- no, I didnt suddenly strike it rich- its an annual firm event. With all the packing we have to do, I am not even sure I have the time to do this, but oh well. Pix to be posted soon......:)

No comments: