Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Food diary entry: #7

I haven't been very regular in keeping my daily food diary, but these days I find that even if I skip a day in between, I have generally become more alert re: food intake.

7:00am- Breakfast, in car, driving among all the maniacs on 405 South.
Silk Chocolate soy milk, 1/3 cup.
1/2 Goat cheese (low fat, w/ herbs) sandwich on wheat bread.
Calories: 190
This is possibly the most I've ever eaten so early in the morning. However, I noticed that eating something for breakfast makes me hungry mid-morning again- so it is DEFINITELY helping my metabolism.

10:30am- In office, sort-of hungry.
2nd 1/2 of goat cheese sandwich.
Calories: 150

11:45am- Lunch.
The last of the Lean Cuisine pizzas! In retrospect, they aren't quite that awful- just need seasoning and 1/2 the cheese should be dusted off- and the pizza should be allowed to "sit" for 3-5 minutes before eating.
Calories: 290 (less due to my throwing out the cheese)

ALL day- Today was smoothie Wednesday at the office, so got a G3 energizer (Jamba Juice). I love the berries, but there is a suspicious Guava taste in there which I dislike- will read the menu properly before next week's order :D
Calories: 310

7:00pm- Dinner: super hungry as always, but had hit high on calories for the day, and therefore decided to do a spinach salad, so that I could also have the potato chips I was craving (blame it on the new Salsa I bought- its too damned addictive)
Spinach, tomato and red onion salad dressed with lime juice and apple cider vinegar.
A handful of Trader Joe's chips
Salsa
Calories: 500

Total calories for the day: 1451
Water drunk: 2 pints

Daily analysis: I really should stop eating potato chips... [sigh] its a childhood addiction I never could get over from. [deeper sigh]

No comments: