Monday, March 17, 2008

Houston we have a BP problem

So I've been having these terrible headaches for a few days, and on Saturday, when I visited my parents, my dad noticed that I was sort of breathless. One thing lead to another, and they suggested I check my blood pressure- turns out it is way up on the charts and was the source of the headaches as well.

Therefore, since Sunday, I've been monitoring my blood pressure, begun yoga and have been avoiding sodas. I know I need weight and salt-intake control (that is SO hard!). And I've been trying.

I haven't had soda in 2 days (and counting), having replaced it with water and green tea, which I used to have a ton of anyway, so its not a huge change. I am struggling to replace junk food with other stuff: instead of the cheezits and coke, I carried my food and bought more that was relatively healthier:
Breakfast: 1/2 a cup of cinnamon oatmeal with chrysanthemum tea.
Mid-morning snack: A handful of dried apple slices.
Lunch: Had 1/2 of a small Panda meal.
Evening coffee run: Grande green tea and pasta-tuna salad from Starbucks.
Dinner: 2 poached eggs on 2 rye toast. 1" slice of chocolate cake (!!!)
- all this food, plus lots of water all day long.

Checked my weight- Have lost 5 pounds in 2 days- its looking good. Everything is a number- some are better higher, others lower.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, hope u r able to get things in control- I have been dealing with my weight for the past 4-5 years now. Has been a bit of a yoyo for some time. So when I exited MHS I was a eye candy at 65 ;) slowly it went up to 80 last year (BP hit 140), then I went into a regime and dropped 10 kilos over 4 months- but have again become slack- and lo behold am at 80 again! I think i'll learn from you and start hitting the gym and easing up on the pizza- lets form a support group and help each other out!

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Thats a wonderful idea- thank you. I am totally up for the support group. My stats are reading at 147/92 :P- what r urs?

I am also going to blog my daily excercise & food routine- writing it down helps keeps things in perspective, and motivates me.

Try a Ramdev Yoga CD- that man is smart!