Friday, July 16, 2010

Because of an unexpected bounty of tomatoes from the garden, I am eating more of those than ever- the perfect ones make it into the freezer, whereas even a small blemish means I eat it as salad. Since the hubby is away, how much of one vegetable can a girl eat by herself? Luckily, I love tomato sandwiches.

Breakfast:
1 small coffee, with milk
1 tomato sandwich, on sourdough toast, dusted with black pepper and spread thinly with real butter (so simple, so good!)

Snack:
Another tomato sandwich.

Lunch:
Stir fried rice, with spinach, carrots, green onions, shitakes and red onion.
1 Yeo's chryanthemum tea, with sugar

Snack:
5 tiny apricots- these are small, so pretty much inhaled them.

Dinner:
2 Uttepam (savory rice pancakes), with tomatoes, green onions, spinach and carrots, with 1 tsp of ghee (clarified butter)

Late night snack:
Ramen
1 Pepsi, NOT diet

Even more late night snack:
1 square of chocolate
6 chips

Obviously, there was a lot of butter going on today. Need to scale back on that and the sugary drinks, the latter being my worst enemy. But on the plus side, I'm definitely eating more fruits and vegetables. The ramen was thankfully low sodium, so no guilt re: that. Tomorrow I eat meat! its been a week since I've had any red meat, and without any restriction, I may not have even noticed this fact. However, with the realization that I have made a resolution not to eat red meat more than once a weak, the cravings have been definitely kicking in :)

No comments: