Monday, April 21, 2008

Weight Check

Its been approximately 5 weeks since I've been trying to monitor my weight and blood pressure, and while my pulse is still racing, I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 13.2 pounds (6kgs).

The honest truth is that I am a poor dieter and exerciser. I love cooking and therefore eating, and am terribly lazy. Having identified my weaknesses, I have finally hit upon my best way to lose weight: I have decided to go on a series of diets, changing from 1 to another every few weeks, to avoid boredom and weight regain. For the past week, I've been on a modified version of "master cleanse."

I add 2 teaspoons of maple syrup, 2 of lemon juice and a smidgen of cayenne in my handy dandy water flask, fill up with water, and drink that from morning through lunch time, having nothing else till then. I have a complete, huge lunch, and then some more of the maple lemonade (if you will) if I get hungry, till I get home in the evenings. Then, if super hungry, I'll have a small meal, but nothing at all after 8pm- after that I can only have more of the drink till lunch the next day.

Its really not bad- if you look up the master cleanse diet, you will find that folks (namely Beyonce) live only on the drink for a month or more, which I honestly feel is just barking mad- I have no desire to faint from starvation in the middle of the workday, thanks very much.

I'm wondering on which diet to try next...:D

4 comments:

TNL said...

wow, good for you to lose those 13.2 lbs..... I am in the same rut right now...I've been trying some ayurvedic ways to lose weight and it has helped....if you're interested, do check out the links on my blog. I prefer not to call it dieting...rather, it's a lifestyle change because constant changes in my past 'diets' have resulted in failures.
:)

take care,
trupti

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Hi Trupti- thanks for stopping by!
ur right u really are- about diet vs lifestyle change. It'll take me a while longer to do the latter, though your links certainly help- thanks again!

Vani said...

13 lbs in 5 weeks is excellent! I have never tried to diet coz my will power is pretty much non-existent plus I'm a foodie thru & thru! :) But I like your "maple lemonade" diet. Will let you know if I actually do it (versus thinking about it, as I am now!)

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

heeh :) I must admit I only did it one week myself. I should go back to it, cos it did help, really. I bet there are more world out there to conquer, more diets to try...:)